Try to make the amazing Cameroonian Pilé Pilé this weekend
This West African recipe is a favorite in most parts of the country and is an easy to cook dish.
The Cameroonian Pilé Pilé is made using mainly plantain and beans. It is a very delicious and filling meal that won’t take time while preparing.
1 yellow ripe plantain
1/2 cup of Red Beans
2 cooking spoons of Palm oil
2 chopped scotch bonnet peppers (ata rodo)
1/4 bulb of onions (chopped)
2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
Handful of chopped spring onions
1 tablespoon crayfish powder
- Soak the red beans in water for 2-3 hours and place in a pot with water and bring to boil till the beans get very soft.
- In a separate pot, peel the plantain and place it in the pot and bring it to boil. Once plantain is soft, mash and set aside.
- Once the beans is soft, mash and set aside.
- In a pan or pot, heat up the palm oil on medium heat and fry the chopped onions, spring onions, garlic and pepper.
- Stir in the mashed plantain and mashed beans. Add the seasoning cubes and crayfish powder.
- Stir fry for another 2-3 minutes.
Your Cameroonian Pilé Pilé is ready! Serve hot.