Try this northern gluten-free Funkaso (pancake) recipe
Funkaso contains millet flour which makes it a healthier option.
Originating from the Northern part of Nigeria, Funkaso is a traditional dish made out of millet and can be served as a sweet breakfast or as a side dish.
Main Dish / Side Dish
1 cup millet flour
½ cup and 2 tbsp of lukewarm water
Salt or sugar
Margarine or oil
1. Sift the millet flour into a bowl and slowly pour in the water, mixing constantly.
The mixture should be smooth, similar to pancake batter. If deciding to make the sweet version, add some sugar, preferably brown, otherwise just use salt.
2. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and set aside for 4 hours or overnight.
3. Heat your pan and melt your butter. If making the sweet version replace the margarine with oil. During this time, whisk the batter.
4. When the butter melts, ladle the batter onto it, creating round pancakes.
5. Flip when the bottom looks crispy. When both sides are ready, remove the funkaso from the griddle.
Serve warm with honey, smoked almonds and yoghurt.Tags: Breakfast Funkaso Health Healthy Honey Millet Pancake Vegan