How to prepare Ewa Agoyin
Ewa Agoyin which originated from the Republic of Benin is a popular street food commonly eaten across Nigeria.
The beans are made to be extremely soft or mashed. It is commonly eaten with barely grounded pepper and tomato sauce which is very spicy.
- Brown/black-eyed beans
- Palm oil
- Big plum tomatoes
- Cray fish
- Pepper & Salt (to taste)
Method of preparation:
- Soak the beans in cold water for 5 hours.
- Boil the beans for 5 minutes and discard the water.
- Rinse the beans in cold water and set aside.
- Cook the beans till done for Ewa Agoyin, the beans need to be very soft.
- When the beans is done, add some salt and then allow the water to dry up.
- To cook the sauce, pour the palm oil into a separate dry pot and allow it to heat up till the oil starts smoking.
- Add your onions and stir continuously till the onions is fully done. It must be dark in colour.
- Add the crayfish, pepper seasoning, and salt to taste.
- Add a little water.
- Stir very well.
Voila! your Ewa Agoyin is ready.Tags: Beans Dish Ewa Agoyin FOOD Meal