How to make Ghanaian Yele kakro
This amazing and really tasty dish is filling and you can also add your own twist to it.
The Ghanaian Yele kakro, otherwise known as yam balls gives you a different way you can enjoy your yam. You can add blended tomatoes if you want to.
Boiling / Frying
1 chunky slice of yam
1 cup of seasoned breadcrumbs (You can season this with Maggi)
1 small piece of fish
1/2 teaspoon of dry pepper
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of butter
Oil for deep frying
- Peel and boil the yam till very soft.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl and set aside.
- Mash the fish as well and set aside.
- Mash(Pound) the yam with the butter, salt and pepper.
- Grab a little yam and place a bit of the mashed fish in the middle and roll into a ball.
- Dip in the egg and coat with breadcrumbs and set aside.
- In hot oil, Deep fry the yam balls till golden brown.
Serve with a pepper sauce mix, peri peri sauce or as a stand alone appetizer.