How to make a very delicious Ghanaian Oxtail pepper soup
This pepper soup recipe is really tasty and filled with a lot of flavours.
The Oxtail pepper soup is mostly very spicy but if you aren’t accustomed to spicy food, then you can adjust the spice to your own taste.
The Oxtail pepper soup dish can be prepared in these easy steps listed below:
2 hours 10 minutes
Boiling / Frying
500g Skinless Oxtail
2 tbsp Oil
2 medium Paprika Pepper
1 medium Onion (Chopped)
1 Clove Garlic
2 small Yellow Pepper
1 1/2 tbsp Pepper soup spice
3 Stock Cubes
1 1/2 tsp salt
- Put cleaned oxtail meat in a bowl, season with some salt and stock cubes then prepare to sear the meat to seal in the flavour.
2. Heat some vegetable oil in a frying pan, add in the seasoned oxtail one after the other (be careful not to overcrowd the pan), continue to sear on each side on medium-high heat. The aim is to brown the meat and seal in the seasoning that was added in step one and not necessarily to cook it.
3. Blend the peppers, garlic and some onions in a blender.
4. Transfer the seared meat into a pressure cooker, pour in the blended pepper mix, add some seasoning cubes, salt, chopped onions and some water. Put the lid on the pressure cooker and allow to cook for 2 hours (till it’s soft).
5. Be sure to check the meat from time to time, to add more water, to taste for seasoning and to adjust accordingly.
6. Transfer the meat from the pressure cooker into a cooking pot to finish up the add some pepper soup spice and sliced scent leaf.
7. Leave to cook for 5 for minutes to allow the leaf to cook and release its flavour into the soup.
Your Oxtail peppersoup is ready. Serve hot!Tags: Beef Ghana Ghanaian Oxtail Paprika Pepper soup Spicy