10 Important Avocado facts you must know
Avocado originates from Tehuacen valley in the state of Puebla, Mexico.
It is a green-skinned, fleshy body that may be pear-shaped, egg-shaped, or spherical. The Avocado fruit is a climacteric single-seeded berry. Avocados are high in fat but it is Monounsaturated fat which is a good fat that helps to lower bad cholesterol as long as you eat them in moderation.
Here are some important Avocado facts you must know:
- Avocado has been proven to help maintain and lose weight when eaten as part of a healthy diet.
- Avocado helps to treat arthritis.
- Avocados are a great source of vitamin K, which is greatly needed during pregnancy.
- Avocados are helpful in preventing liver damage due to the nutrient density of their compounds.
- Avocados are called butter pears in India and China.
- An Avocado tree can grow as high as 65 to 70 feet.
- The leaf of the avocado tree is used in Mexico to brew a medicinal tea
- Hass is the most popular and the most consumed type of Avocado
- Avocado helps in keeping the eyes healthy and protecting the skin from aging early.
- Avocado contains quite a bit of potassium.