Try this delicious sweet potato pottage recipe for lunch today
Sweet potatoes are very high in nutritional contents are quite beneficial to the health of humans.
The sweet potato pottage recipe is not a very common delicacy among Nigerian but it is one you should try as soon as possible because you are missing out on a very delicious meal especially when scented with efirin leaves.
1 hour 30 minutes
1 Large Sweet Potato
1/2 bulb of Red Onion
2 Large Tomatoes
2 Scotch Bonnet Peppers
2 Seasoning cubes
1/4 cup of Crayfish pieces
2 Tablespoons of Crayfish Powder
1 Handful of chopped Efirin ( Substitute with Basil)
1.5 Cooking Spoons of Palm Oil
- Peel and slice the potatoes then rinse thoroughly.
- Pour the diced potato into a pot with enough water and boil on high heat.
- Now add the chopped onions, chopped tomatoes and pepper, season it and bring to boil.
- The water in the pot will reduce significantly once the potato gets soft, reduce the heat and let it simmer.
- Pour in the crayfish pieces and powder and stir in which at this point the pottage will be looking thicker.
- Let it simmer for about 5 minutes then add the palm oil. Let it simmer for about 3 minutes more then add the efirin or basil and stir. Turn the heat off.
Your sweet potato pottage is ready! Serve while hot.Tags: Basil Dish Efirin Potato pottage Potatoes Sweet potato