Try making this all-new Okro tomato peppersoup for dinner
We’ve seen different ways that Okro can be consumed but this is quite a different style to it.
Okro peppersoup has always been consumed in Nigeria but the addition of tomato in it brings a different life to your soup. The tomato brings more richness and gives the soup more body.
The Okro tomato peppersoup can be eaten as a stand alone meal or with any swallow.
Main Dish/Side dish
8 pieces of Beef
5 Pieces of Snail
25 Fingers of Okro (Chopped)
2 Large Tomatoes
Half Red bell pepper
3 Yellow peppers
¼ bulb of Onion
1.5 tablespoons of blended pepper soup spices
½ cup of crayfish pieces
¼ cup of crayfish head
1 teaspoon of dry pepper
- Wash, season and boil your beef in a pot of water till it becomes semi-soft. Add more water.
- Now wash and add the snails to the semi-boiled beef so it can also get soft with it.
- Pour the ground pepper soup spices into the pot and reduce the heat to medium heat.
- Wash your crayfish pieces and crayfish head and separate both of them into two bowls.
- Blend your tomatoes, pepper, and crayfish head with a quarter cup of water.
- Pour the blended tomato, pepper and crayfish into the pot of meat and snails and stir in. At this point, add the crayfish pieces.
- Add your chopped okro, stir for a minute and immediately take it off the fire so the okro is not overcooked. There would be just enough heat in the pot to steam the okro.
Your Okro tomato peppersoup is ready! Serve with swallow or as a stand-alone meal.Tags: Dinner Local dish Okro Peppersoup tomato