Suya spice mix: How to make it to avoid time wasting
This is quite popular in all parts of West Africa and used for making of barbecues and grilled meat.
Suya spice mix is a quick fix recipe that is peanut-based and can come in really handy on occasions where you have less time and you need to make suya.
2 cups Roasted Peanuts
4 tbsp Smoked Paprika
3 tbsp Ground Ginger
2 tbsp Ground Cayenne Pepper
2 tbsp Garlic Powder
3 tbsp Onion Powder
1 tbsp Chicken Bouillon
- Pour the roasted peanuts in a blender and roughly blend it with the pulse button. Make sure it doesn’t totally blend into peanut butter.
- Pour the ground peanuts into a dry and clean kitchen towel, tie the towel tightly and squeeze all the oil you can out of the peanut.
- Now that the ground peanuts are drier, run your fingers throughit to loosen it up then pour in a dry bowl.
- Pour in all the other spices and mix with a form to blend them evenly with the ground peanut.
- Sieve the Suya spice blend to remove the larger granules of ground peanut to achieve a smoother spice
Your Suya Spice is ready! You can use immediately or store it in an airtight container for later use.