Quick steps to make tantalizing cheesy yam balls
This lovely recipe is inspired by croquettes and can always be tweaked to give it an extra feel.
Cheesy yam balls are the perfect appetizers that can be served to guests at home and also at parties.
Boiling / Frying
3 slices of yam
1 cup of chopped cheddar cheese
2 cups of breadcrumbs
Two tablespoons of butter
1 tablespoon of Suya spice
1 teaspoon black pepper
A sprig of parsley
Oil for frying
- Wash and boil your yam till very soft.
- In a bowl, pour in your hot yam and mash with butter, seasoning cubes, black pepper, and chopped parsley and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix your breadcrumbs and Suya spice and set aside.
- Whisk your eggs in a bowl and set aside.
- Scoop some yam into your palm and place a cube of cheese and mould the yam around it.
- Dip the yam in your egg and roll around in your seasoned bread crumbs.
- On medium heat, fry the yam balls till golden brown.
Your Cheesy yam balls! Serve with spicy creamy sauce.Tags: Appetizer Cheese Cheesy yam balls Local snack Yam