Quick steps on how to make a delicious snail stew
This tomato based recipe is quite tasty and tastes best with white rice.
Snail stew is a very interesting delicacy and might turn out to become a favourite for you after the first taste. It is quite addictive and very delicious.
8 Medium pieces of snails
5 Large tomatoes
1 Red bell pepper
4 scotch bonnet peppers
1 large Red onion
1 teaspoon of chili powder
2 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons of Salt
1 cooking spoon of Vegetable Oil
- Wash the snail in a bowl using salt and lime till all the slime is gone.
- Boil the snail seasoned with chilli powder, seasoning cubes, chopped garlic, 1/2 of the onion(chopped) and a pinch of salt for about 15 minutes.
- Crush the tomatoes, scotch bonnet and bell pepper in a separate pot using a wooden spoon till it releases some of its juices then boil on low heat till they get soft.
- Pour your oil into a pot and fry the onion rings in the hot oil.
- Pour in the boiled tomato-pepper mix and allow to fry on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Pour the snail stock into the pot and allow it to cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the seasoning cubes and salt to taste.
- Pour in the snails and stir then allow to stew on medium heat for 5 minutes. Switch off the heat.
Your snail stew is ready! Serve with Rice, Pasta, Plantain, Yams or Potatoes.Tags: Dish Local dish Snail Snail stew Stew