Keto Diet: How to make cabbage swallow
Cabbage swallow serves as a very healthy alternative for people on the Keto diet while they eat it with any low-carb/high-fat soup.
It is quite hard to find meals that are high in fat, low in protein, and very low in Carbohydrates in Nigeria which makes the Keto diet a bit hard over here but this recipe serves as a good substitute.
1/2 head of cabbage
2 tablespoons of Psyllium husk (sold at pharmacies and health stores)
1. Cut and wash the cabbage
2. Boil with little water for about 5 minutes
3. Strain water and blend cabbage till it forms a fine puree.
4. Pour puree into a pot and heat on low flame for about 3 minutes while stirring.
5. While heating up, add psyllium husk to bind the puree together and keep stirring with wooden spoon.
6. Mold like you would other swallows.
Your swallow is ready! Serve with Keto-friendly soup of your choice like Okro soup, Ogbono soup, Vegetable soup.Tags: Cabbage Dish Keto Diet