How to prepare Biltong South African Stew
Biltong is a special stew that is much loved by South Africans.
The spicing of Biltong has been attributed as a Dutch invention. It is quite typical to use dried meat or Biltong with a little peanut butter to make a stew. The addition of peanut butter to enrich the stew is most likely done because the meat is normally affordable. This stew does not require a lot of cooking time because most of the ingredients can be consumed without much cooking.
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 1 teaspoon of peanut oil;
- 11 ounces of thick-cut biltong;
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste;
- 2 tomatoes (chopped);
- Cayenne pepper;
- ½ cup of water
Method of preparation:
- Properly gather your ingredients together.
- Fry the chopped onions, garlic, and ginger in the oil for a couple of minutes.
- Add the Biltong and Sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato sauce and peanut butter and stir to coat.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cayenne pepper and cook for 5 minutes until slightly reduced. Pour in water and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes until the stew has reduced for a thick sauce.
- Voila. Your sumptuous stew is ready.