How to prepare a perfect homemade Popcorn
A popcorn is a type of corn kernel which expands and puffs up when heated. It is enjoyed and recognized around the world.
- 1/3 cup of high quality popcorn kernels
- 1 Table spoon or more (to taste) of butter (optional)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, olive oil or groundnut oil
- Measure out your popcorn and oil
- Place the proper amount of oil into your first pot, as well as 2 to 3 kernels of popcorn.
- Turn the stove to medium heat. Let the oil sit on the stove until it’s hot enough to cook your popcorn.
- Watch the oil until it’s hot enough to cook the popcorn.
- Watch the kernels you placed in the oil, as soon as they pop, the oil is ready and you can add the rest of your kernels.
- Place the kernels in the pot this must have been mixed with your sugar and a pinch of salt and then cover it, as soon as the kernels are in the pot, cover the lid.
- Allow it heat for 20 to 30 seconds, the amount of kernel you are making will determine the amount of time your kernel will pop but in general it shouldn’t take more than 20 to 30 seconds.
- Voila! Your crunchy popcorn is ready.