How to make oat moinmoin
This is a twist to the popularly known way of making moimoi using beans but to suit people on a diet.
The oatmeal moinmoin is a perfect breakfast for people on fitfam and it is super easy to make. With the numerous benefits of oatmeal, this is a very healthy alternative.
1 cup of Oatmeal
1/2 cup of chopped prawns
1 tablespoon dry pepper
1 tablespoon of crayfish powder
2 seasoning cubes
1 cup of blended tomato and pepper mix
2 tablespoons of chopped red onions
2.5 tablespoons of Palm oil
- Heat up your palm oil and stir fry the onions for about a minute then pour in your tomato pepper mix and stir on medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Season with your seasoning cubes, crayfish powder, and dry pepper and allow to simmer on low heat for 2 minutes. Add your prawns and allow to cook in the sauce for 3 minutes on low heat.
- Once prawns and cooked, stir and taste for seasoning and turn off the heat.
- Mix your oat with the tomato sauce in a bowl, pouring a little at a time till properly combined.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to loosen the texture of the oat moin moin a bit. You may need to add another 1/4 cup depending on how reduced your tomato sauce was.
- Heat up your water in a pot and reduce it to low heat. Your water must serve as a steamer so it should not be overflowing. You can wrap your mix in banana leaves or use a mould and steam.
Your oat moinmoin is ready! Serve with eggs, chicken, beef, fish or any other accompaniment of your choice.