How to make a delicious Fante Fante sauce
This is a fresh fish sauce that is hugely consumed in Ghana and other West African countries.
The Fante Fante dish is popular in the Central part of Ghana and it is loved because of its simplicity.
Fresh medium-sized tomatoes
Red snapper or Salted fish (koobi) (optional)
Salmon or any other fish of preference
- Wash the onion, garlic and ginger thoroughly then move them into a blender and blend them together.
- Mix the blended ingredients with maggi and salt and use it to season the fish. Steam the fish afterwards for about 8 minutes.
- Pour palm oil into a saucepan and place it over medium heat. Chop some onions and add to the oil.
- Put salted fish into a bowl of water to remove some of the salt from it. Chop salted fish into sizeable pieces and add to oil.
- Blend tomatoes and pepper and add the mixture to the oil. Stir continuously. Add shrimp powder and nutmeg.
- Allow the stew to cook for about 5 – 8 minutes. Add the seasoned fish and cook for 5 minutes.
Your delicious Fante Fante is ready! Serve with banku, kenkey, ampesi or rice.