How to cook Ghanaian Ayoyo soup with beef sauce
Ayoyo soup is a very good delicacy that you need to give a shot if you haven’t tried it before.
This particular stew goes perfectly with the popular Ghanaian Tuo Zaafi.
All-purpose spices (Maggi cube)
Salt to taste
- Boil water, add chopped onion, powdered fish, powdered okro and dawadawa. Add chopped Ayoyo leaves after 5 minutes.
- Stir continuously till the ingredients get soft. Don’t cover.
- Add salt and seasoning. Allow to simmer for 3 minutes and soup is ready.
- Cut meat into desirable sizes. Wash and put meat in a big saucepan over moderate heat.
- Blend onion, ginger, garlic and add to meat. Add salt and seasoning and cover the meat to steam for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat pan over medium-high heat until hot and then add the olive oil, then add the chicken. Fry on one side until browned and then flip to brown the other side. Put in a bowl and set it aside.
- Add chopped onion and garlic and saute until tender and starting to brown. Add ground pepper, tomato puree and stir intermittently
- Wash salmon and fish powder (herrings), then add to the stew. Add spices after 7 minutes and allow to cook.
- Taste for salt and add some chopped onions.
- Finally, add fried meat and allow to simmer for 3 minutes.
Your Ayoyo soup is ready! Serve with Tuo Zaafi.