Have you tried South African Pumpkin Soup with Banana and Curry before, here is a simple guide to making it
This dairy-free soup is one you should try because of its smooth and delightful taste and it’s made out of banana and pumpkin, it is usually enjoyed during winter.
- 1 juiced lime
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 chopped carrot
- 2 pounds of chopped pumpkin
- 1 chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 chopped stalk celery
- 1 clove of chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- Grounded black pepper
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- Heat up the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour your pumpkin, honey, sugar and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a bowl.
- Put the unpeeled banana in a baking dish.
- Place both banana and pumpkin in the oven until they are soft and lightly brown
- Cook onion, carrot, and celery in the hot olive place over a medium-low heat for 5 to 10 minutes until it is soft then add nutmeg, garlic, coriander, cinnamon, curry powder then mix them together for 5 minutes .
- Peel your banana, then add it alongside chicken stock, coconut milk and pumpkin in a pot for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Blend with immersion blender until it is smooth.