Ever tasted South-south’s Beniseed soup? this is how the delicacy is made
This is a highly nutritious soup die to the presence of vitamins and minerals found in sesame seeds.
Common in the South-south and middle-belt region of Nigeria, the Beniseed soup is a lot like the typical egusi soup in the mode of preparation.
Some regions cook it with with fresh tomatoes and red bell peppers while some prefer not to. It is important to note that sesame seeds in large amounts may cause stomach irritation so be watchful of the amount you consume.
Main Dish / Side Dish
A Cup of Sesame seeds
1 cup of blended red bell pepper, tomato and scotch bonnet pepper mix.
One large bulb of onion
7 pieces of beef
5 Pieces of pomo (Cow Skin)
1/2 cup of crayfish pieces
1 tablespoon of crayfish powder
A handful of chopped bitter leaves
1 handful of chopped scent leaves
2 cooking spoons of Palm oil
- Wash the meat, season it and boil till soft then set it aside.
- Stirfry the sesame seeds in a pot for 3 minutes. Take it out and blend till it takes a powder form.
- Pour palm oil in a separate poy and put on low heat, fry the chopped onions and tomato pepper. Add the powdered crayfish and seasoning, let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Now pour the boiled meats and pieces of crayfish into the sauce and stir.
- Add your seasoning and crayfish powder and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Pour the blended sesame seeds into the sauce and stir continuously. Then add the scent leaves and chopped bitterleaves too. Leave to simmer for 10 minutes on low heat then turn it off.
Your Beniseed soup is ready! Serve with any swallow.Tags: Beniseed Beniseed soup Healthy Local dish Sesame seeds Southern Nigeria