Chicken Gravy – Liberia African Stewed chicken
This liberia African Stewed chicken with different kinds of flavor, chicken, and seafood is a must try.
The fantastic taste of chicken, fish, and shrimp makes it a mouth watering relish. However, the flavors of bell pepper and herbs play the real magic in this dish.
- 1/2 cup cooking oil vegetable, canola oil
- 3 pounds chicken (cut in pieces)
- 2 pound fried fish steaks
- 1 pound large fresh shrimp
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2fresh tomatoes
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 5 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon ginger (chopped)
- 1 or more scotch bonnet or habanero pepper
- ¼ cup basil and parsley
- 1 Tablespoon chicken bouillon (optional)
- 1/2teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method of preparation:
- Boil chicken with salt, pepper, paprika, chicken bouillon and some chopped onions in a medium pot until tender. Cooking time varies according to chicken.
- Reserve the stock for later use.
- In a food processor or blender, blend tomatoes, bell pepper, onions, garlic and herbs.
- Add ½ cup oil to heavy-duty pot/pan, and then add the bell pepper blend followed by tomato paste.
- Sauté for about 10-15 minutes, to blend all the flavors reduce acidity of the tomato sauce. Stir the pot frequently, as the sauce simmers. You may add reserved chicken stock or water to
- Next add chicken, fried fish with about 2 cups of stock-let it simmer for another 10 minutes
- Add your shrimp if using any – cook for another 3-5 minutes
- Finally. Adjust seasonings, soup consistency with water/chicken stock, maggi and seasonings and allow to cook for additional 5minutes put of the heat and serve with rice