Amazing facts about Tigernuts
The name tiger nuts were gotten from Egypt and it was named after the Fatimid ruler who was reputedly fond of it. Its botanical name is Cyperus esculentus which is cultivated for its edible tubers, called earth almonds or tiger nuts, which are used as a snack food and for the preparation of a sweet and milk-like beverage.
Here are some of its amazing benefits:
- Tigernut is aphrodisiac in nature and this is very good for the libido in both males and females, as it can help boost sexual performance.
- The high fiber content in tiger nuts can help prevent constipation.
- Tiger nut is ideal for weight watchers since it is very high in fiber, it keeps you feeling fuller for longer, resulting in a lower calorie intake.
- The presence of magnesium in tiger nuts helps in the fight against tooth decay and osteoporosis prevents menstrual problems and maintains a stable body pH.
- The presence of high vitamin E content is used as a cosmetic product, to help reduce the ageing of skin cells.
- The presence of Phytochemicals in tiger nuts is very beneficial to humans, because it possesses antimicrobial, analgesic, antispasmodic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.