5 nutritional benefits of northern Nigeria’s Kunu
The amazing benefits of this popular drink are quite numerous because it is filled with a lot of nutritious ingredients.
Kunu, a non-alcoholic Nigerian beverage also known as Kunu Zaki, is made using a germinated grain known as millet, its main ingredient.
Popular in the northern part of the country and made by the Hausas, this drink is very nutritious and beneficial to human health.
Here are a few of the lovely benefits of Kunu:
1. The key ingredient, millet, contains a poly nutrient called lignin, which has cancer-fighting properties and is beneficial in the treatment of heart disease.
2. It is known to help reduce the risks associated with diabetes.
3. Due to its ginger content, it lowers the cholesterol level and prevents the formation of blood clots.
4. It is also recommended for nursing mothers as it helps increase the flow of their breast milk.
5. It is rich in fibre, thus helping to promote a healthy digestive system.Tags: Hausa Kunu Northern beverage Northern Nigeria