Here is a simple guide to making Zambian Fritters with Orange syrup
This is one of Zambia’s popular snacks, it is enjoyed by all.
- Vegetable oil
- Bread flour
- 12g fresh yeast
For the syrup
- 1 cup of Clover Krush Orange Juice
- Zest of 2 oranges
- To prepare your icing, knead yeast into flour then add the rest of the flour, stir in water, sugar, vegetable oil and salt to make dough.
- Place it in place for some time until the mixture has risen, then heat the vegetable oil in a deep fat fryer and drop the dough in tiny bits into the hot oil.
- Fry until it is done
- In preparing your syrup, add the ingredients in a skillet then heat until the mixture dissolves completely
- Your icing can be made from combining your orange juice and icing sugar
- Sprinkle some icing over the fritters, and then serve with syrup.