Try this delicious omelette and bread roll recipe for breakfast
This combo is one of the most popular breakfast dishes in Nigeria.
The omelette and bread roll recipe is a very compact dish that can be eaten anywhere either on a bus or in the office without making a mess.
For people with kids, this would also be a new twist to how you pack your children’s bread and egg meal when going to school.
2 slices of bread
1 large egg
A handful of chopped vegetables of choice
1/2 seasoning cube
Pinch of curry
Pinch of thyme
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- In a pan, heat the vegetable oil on low-medium heat.
- Stir fry the chopped vegetables, add the seasonings, break in the egg and stir vigorously to scramble it in the pan.
- Once the egg is cooked, set aside.
- On a chopping board, lay your slices of bread. With a rolling pin, flatten the bread slices and trim off the edges. You can keep these trimmings and use as bread crumbs in another recipe.
- Place a bit of your egg in the bread and roll. Cut into two or leave it at that size and repeat the same thing for the other slice.
Your omelette and bread rolls are ready! Serve warm.