Try out this tasty Asun sandwich recipe
This can serve as a full dish or side dish depending on how flexible you wanna get with the preparation and how much time you have
Asun sandwich is made from a combination of roasted and peppered goat meat and bread or buns filled with carrots, pepper, salad cream, ketchup and many more.
The good thing about this meal is it can serve as breakfast, lunch or dinner.
1 hour 30 minutes
Main Dish / Side Dish
West African Dish
2 Cups of Roasted Goat Meat (Chopped)
3 Red scotch bonnet peppers (Coarsely blended)
2 green scotch bonnet peppers (Coarsely blended)
1 bulb of Onions
1.5 Chicken Seasoning Cubes
2 Bread Buns
1/2 Cup of Shredded Carrots
1 Tablespoon of Salad Cream
1 Tablespoon of Ketchup
1/2 cup of water
- Stir fry the roasted goat meat in a hot pan and put it on medium heat.
- Add some water into the sun then leave the meat to cook with the pan covered.
- Stir fry the pepper and onions too in the pan alongside the asun.
- Add a bit of water then sprinkle chicken seasoning cubes all over the asun. Cover the pan and place on low heat.
- Add a bit more water whenever the water dries up then keep stirring for close to 5 minutes.
- Mix the salad cream and ketchup on a plate and set aside.
- Halve the bread or bun you want to use, use a bread knife to smear the ketchup and salad cream mix on each half then add the carrot, sliced onions, pepper. Close the bun.
Your asun sandwich is ready! Serve your asun sandwich warm with fries or eat alone.Tags: Asun Asun sandwich Bread Goat meat Sandwich