The easiest way to remove Snail slime you probably didn’t know
One of the common battles people face whenever they want to add snails to their meal is removing the slippery feel.
Snail meat is one of the most delicious meat you can ever eat but it is a major challenge trying to take off the slime.
The slime alone deters a lot of people from even thinking of buying the animal from the market, not to talk of cooking it.
The slime which generally looks like clear and sticky phlegm can be removed using various items like salt, alum and lime. To achieve the desired outcome, you can as well use two out of the three at once.
1. Remove the snail shells and put the snails in a bowl. Sprinkle lime juice all over them while you keep turning the snails so it spreads evenly.
2. Use a spatula or knife to scrape the slime off then scrub the snail with lime halves to take off more slimes. Use water to rinse them.
3. Pick up a piece of alum and rub on all parts of the snails gently till you feel it’s completely clean.
4. Rinse the snails with lot of water till all trace of alum and lime is lost.
5. Now you can cook it in whatever form you want toTags: Snails Soup Stew