Put a spin to your breakfast and cook this tantalizing pineapple jollof rice
This delicacy was born out of the modification and fusion of meals that we are already used to.
Jollof rice is a very known dish in all parts of West Africa but a few have only experienced the wonders that come with the very sweer Pineapple jollof rice.
Boiling / Frying
1 cup of parboiled rice
1/2 cup of chopped pineapples
1.5 cups of blended tomatoes, bell pepper and scotch bonnet pepper mix
2 tablespoons of tomato paste
1 small onion (chopped)
1 teaspoon of curry
1/4 teaspoon of thyme
1/2 cup of chopped vegetables
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon of grated ginger
1.5 cooking spoons of vegetable oil
1/2 cup of stock juice
- Stir fry the pineapples and chopped vegetables for 30 seconds in heated oil, scoop them out of the oil and set aside.
- Toss the chopped onions, garlic and ginger into the earlier used oil and fry under medium heat for about a minute or two.
- Stir in the tomato paste and fry for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
- Pour in your blended tomato, pepper mix and stir.
- Season with seasoning cubes, curry, thyme and any other seasoning of your choice.
- Stir in your rice and reduce the heat to the lowest and allow to steam.
- Now pour in the stock juice so it would cook the rice for the next 20-25 minutes on low heat. Constantly check to make sure the rice is soft and when it is, increase the heat and stir.
- Toss in the already sautéed pineapple and chopped vegetables and stir in.
Your pineapple Jollof is ready! Serve it with any protein of your choice.