Make this sweet homemade condensed milk recipe today
This is not as hard as you might imagine and trust me it is also faster in making too.
The homemade condensed milk recipe is just exactly like the one you buy at the market and you can also make one or two modifications to yours.
1 hr 10 minutes
Boiling / Refridgerating
2 cups of whole milk
¾ cup granulated sugar or cane, honey or maple syrup
3 tablespoons of salted butter
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, mix the whole sugar and milk completely.
- On medium heat, place the saucepan containing the mix and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to let the mix simmer then leave on the low heat for about 40 minutes without stirring till it reduces in size and gets creamy.
- Turn off the heat and whisk it in butter and vanilla extract.
- Let it sit until the mixture cools completely. Get rid of any sugar that has crystallized on the corner of the saucepan.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to a week.
Your homemade condensed milk is ready! Use as you want.