Make this quick and tasty dodo snail dish this weekend
this tasty delicacy is perfect for relaxation and can help keep the mouth busy while watching a movie or football with friends.
Dodo snail is a local Nigerian dish that is very spicy and delicious, while you step it down with a cold bottle of beer or cocktail.
2 ripe Plantains
5 medium-sized snails
2 large scotch bonnet pepper (Ata Rodo)
3 cubes of Maggi
1 medium-sized Roma tomato
1/2 cooking spoon vegetable oil
1 clove of garlic
1/4 bulb of onion
1/2 green bell pepper
1/2 red bell pepper
1.5 teaspoon of salt
2.5 cups of water
2 spoons of oil
1 medium-sized lemon
- Wash the snail with lemon till all the slime comes off.
- Place snail in pot and season with 1 teaspoon of salt, one large scotch bonnet pepper, 2 Maggi cubes, 1/8 bulb of Onion and boil with 2.5 cups of water for 20 minutes on medium heat.
- Peel and dice the ripe plantain and fry.
- chop the rest of the onions, the roma tomato, the scotch bonnet pepper, green bell pepper, red bell pepper and garlic.
- Heat up the vegetable oil, fry the onion and garlic on medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Fry the chopped roma tomato, bell peppers and the scotch bonnet pepper.
- Season with the rest of the salt, maggi and stir in the snails.
- Add the fried plantain and stir in and leave to simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
Your tasty dodo snail is ready! Serve warm.