Make this crunchy cassava cake for your next party
This recipe will serve as a very nice dessert or appetizer for whatever occasion you are planning to host next.
The cassava cake is a tasty recipe that boasts of a crispy and crunchy outer layer while the inner layer is quite soft and melts easily in the mouth.
2 lbs grated cassava
1 (14 ounces) can sweeten condensed milk (Reserve 1/3 cup for Topping)
1 (12 ounces) can evaporate milk
1 (14 ounces) can coconut milk (reserve 1/3 cup for Topping)
1 (13 ounces) can coconut cream (Reserve 1/3 cup for Topping)
2⁄3 cup sugar
3 egg whites
1 cup grated coconut
3 egg yolks
- Preheat the oven to 325° f.
- Combine the cake ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into greased rectangular pans and place them in the oven.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes until the top of the cake is not liquid anymore.
- Mix the topping ingredients well and spread them evenly on both cakes.
- Now bake again for an additional 20 minutes. Take it out and let it cool completely.