How to prepare the best Semo without lumps
Making Semo seems like a very easy thing to do especially if you’re just watching from afar but you will be shocked at how hard it could be because it could end up being too soft or filled with lumps.
Semo is one of the numerous “swallows” consumed by Nigerians and it mostly goes with an array of soups from different part of the country. Here are some food hacks that can make you get the smooth texture and consistency of Semovita.
High in carbohydrate. One cup of Semovita yields 600 calories.
Semovita (or any other brand of your choice)
Wooden spatula for stirring
1. Pour about 500ml of water into a clean pot and leave to boil on high heat.
2. Take a bowl, pour a cup of Semovita in it and add some cool water into the bowl. Use the wooden spatula to stir the water and Semovita continuously until a smooth consistency is achieved.
3. When the water in the pot is boiling, reduce the heat of the stove to medium heat and then, pour the mixed Semovita into the boiling water.
4. Continue stirring for 1-2 minutes and then allow to cook on low heat for about a minute.
5. Stir again until the texture is consistent and then turn off the heat.
Your Semovita is ready! Serve with any soup of your choice.