How to prepare popular Yoruba snack, Ojojo (water yam fritters)
Ojojo is a very delicious snack popular among the Yorubas.
Water yam fritters is a complete spin on the general small chops and can be used as a side piece for drinking garri, pap or custard.
Half tuber of water yam
2 scotch bonnets (chopped)
Half onion (chopped)
1 cube seasoning
Salt to taste
- Cut, peel and rinse the yam. Grate it afterwards till it gives a draw paste.
- Mix thoroughly with the diced onions, pepper, crushed garlic, salt and seasoning.
- Put a pan of oil on medium heat to fry.
- Take the pastes shaped like balls and drop in the oil while you deep fry till it turns golden brown. Stir at intervals so it fries evenly.
- Set it aside on a sieve to drain.