How to prepare popular Brazillian dessert, Beju
Beju is a coconut snack that is popular in the Northeastern part of Brazil and the Caribbeans while it is also enjoying a rise in popularity here in Nigeria.
Beju contains no wheat flour which makes it even more appealing to gluten and grain intolerant people.
Dried shredded coconut
- Peel and grate the cassava root.
- Place the grated cassava root in a cheesecloth and squeeze out the excess moisture and starch from the cassava.
- Mix the cassava root, caster sugar and dried shredded coconut in a bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 300F while a little mixture is made into muffin moulds.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes then turn the biscuits over and leave for 10 minutes.
- Bring out the cookies from the oven and sprinkle icing sugar on it