How to prepare Liberian Kanyan snack
This looks so much like the kuli-kuli we are so used to here in Nigeria. It is a very popular snack in Liberia and it is made using peanuts.
- Grind the garri and sugar till it becomes a very smooth powder.
- Blend the peanuts till you get a really smooth paste.
- Pour the honey into the garri and sugar mixture slowly and mix together.
- Add the blended peanut which will look like butter into the mixture and blend till the paste is a bit smooth. You can also pound ingredients in small quantities in the absence of a blender.
- Scoop the mix into a bowl and smoothen to mould into a large square shape.
- On a flat plate, flip over the bowl with the mould and cut into small squares.
- Alternatively, scoop the mix into your palm and roll into a ball.