How to prepare home-made ice cream cake
This easy to make creamy cake is an absolute delight that you can always bake on weekends.
Contains about 742 calories.
1. Defrost ice cream for 15 minutes.
2. Line two 8-inch cake pans well with plastic wrap, leaving several inches of overhang.
3. Scoop soft ice cream into each pan, pressing down to remove air bubbles as you go. Cover with plastic wrap and press down evenly to smooth the top. Freeze for 8-12 hours.
4. 1 hour before assembling cake, place serving platter into freezer.
5. Place heavy cream, sugar and vanilla into a large bowl and whip until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate.
6. Remove ice cream layers and serving platter from freezer. Unwrap the tops of the ice cream layers and using the excess plastic wrap, remove layers from pans.
7. Place chocolate layer on the bottom. Smooth an even layer of hot fudge over the chocolate layer, leaving a 1/2 inch border. Sprinkle crushed OREO thins over hot fudge and press down gently. Add vanilla layer overtop. Spread whipped cream overtop of the entire cake, add sprinkles as desired and freeze until ready to serve.