How to prepare Eweta soup from Ondo state
Made from the combination of two different vegetables, Eweta soup, also known as Marugbo is a very delicious soup.
1 hour 20 minutes
- Goat meat
- 2 cups of dried Marugbo vegetable
- 1 cup of dried Efirin
- 2 tbsp crayfish powder
- Dry fish
- Smoked fish
- 2 ata-rodo
- 1 fresh ginger
- 1 onion bulb
- ¼ cup of palm oil
- 2 seasoning cubes
- Salt to taste
- Wash and dry the goat meat, as well as the dry fish, then boil it all in a pot using 3 cups of water. Season it with salt and seasoning cubes, cover and let it boil.
- Add some more water and add smoked fish and crayfish powder. Cover and allow to simmer for a few minutes. Then add palm oil and stir. Allow to boil to for 7-10 minutes, stir, taste and adjust seasoning accordingly.
- Blend the dried vegetables with ginger, onion, hot pepper and water until smooth, then add vegetables into broth. Stir and taste. Adjust seasoning and water accordingly.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 12-15 minutes, then turn off the heat.
Your soup is ready! Serve with your choice of swallow.