How to prepare beans and corn porridge
This is a special recipe that is gotten from a mixture of beans and corn.
The meal is a favourite among the Igbos and has been perfected to an extent.
1 hour 30 minutes
2 cups of black eyed beans
2 cups of cooked corn
1 chopped big onion
2 cooking spoons of palm oil – 1/3 cup
Fresh or dry peppers
2 cubes of seasoning cubes
1. Soak the picked beans for 6-8 hours or parboil it for 5 minutes and rinse to prevent heartburn.
2. Pour the beans in a pressure pot containing enough water then add the chopped onions. Let it boil for 15 minutes.
3. Pour the blended pepper, sweet corn, crayfish, seasoning cubes and salt when the beans is soft and let it cook for 10 minutes.
4. Add palm oil, check taste and adjust as desired.
5. Leave to cook for close to 4-5 minutes then turn off the heat.
Delicious Adalu is ready! Serve with bread or akamu.