How to make sugared doughnut bites in this month of love
We are still in the month of February which is popularly known as a time Valentine’s day is celebrated with love hovering above our head all through.
This is the perfect time to wow your spouse or partner with this cute and delicious dessert to cap off a romantic night at home.
1 cup vegetable oil
2 envelopes (0.73 oz each) milk chocolate hot cocoa mix
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 pudding cup (3.25 oz each) vanilla pudding
1 pkg (7.5 oz each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough
5 seconds (2 cups) whipped cream topping divided
2 tablespoons hot water
3 drops red food coloring
- Heat oil (or enough for 1/2-inch depth) in 10-inch skillet over medium heat to 350°F.
- Meanwhile, place sugar in a shallow dish. Stir together cocoa mix and water in a small bowl.
- Add 2-1/2 seconds whipped cream and stir until smooth. Whisk together pudding and jam in another small bowl. Add remaining 2-1/2 seconds of the whipped cream and food colouring. Stir until blended.
- Carefully place half of the biscuit pieces in the skillet. Cook about 30 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Remove from skillet and allow to drain on paper towels.
- Roll pieces in sugar and biscuit pieces until coated.
Your dessert is ready! Serve with sauces on the side.