How to make Semolina puff puff
This is quite a faster alternative to flour because it reacts with the yeast very fast and the dough does not take a long time to rise.
1 1/4 cup of Semolina Flour
1 teaspoon of Yeast
5 Tablespoons of Sugar
1/2 cup of warm water
Oil for deep frying
Mango Sauce/ Caramel
1 piece of Mango
80 ml Vanilla Yoghurt
3 Tablespoons of Sugar
- In a bowl of warm water, pour in your yeast and allow to sit for about 5 minutes.
- Empty the sugar into the yeast and water and combine.
- Slowly pour in the semolina flour and mix till you get a stretchy dough mixture.
- You may add a little bit more as needed just to ensure you achieve the stretchy dough mixture and if it is too hard, add a little bit of warm water.
- Set aside and allow the mixture to rise.
- Once risen, heat up your oil for deep frying and scoop little balls into the pot of oil and fry till golden brown.
For the Mango sauce
7. Peel and scrape off the flesh of the mango and blend with the yoghurt and set aside.
8. Heat up your sugar on low heat till it starts to brown and when you lift its light.
9. Take the cover of a plastic bowl that is slightly bent.
10. Rub some oil on the cover of the bowl. With a teaspoon, spread the caramel lightly to form any shape you prefer. Allow to cook and bend the cover carefully to remove the caramel shape you have formed.
11. Plate your semolina puff puff on the mango sauce and place the caramel sheet on your plate.Tags: Puff puff Semolina Snacks