How to make pounded yam without pounding
Pounded yam is a meal loved by a lot of Nigerians but people mostly get deterred because of the stress that comes with making it.
Do you wish to make and eat pounded yam without having to go through so much stress of pounding? Here’s an easy way around it.
3 or 4 wraps
Half tuber of white yam
1. Cut and peel the yam. Slice it into cubes and wash properly.
2. Place yams in blender with some water and blend till a smooth puree.
3. Pour the puree into a clean pot and place on medium heat. Keep stirring the mixture with a wooden spatula till it thickens, which is about 5 minutes. This is to avoid burning and sticking to the pot.
4. When thick enough, scrape the yam from the sides of the pot, leaving most of it in the middle. Add a small cup of water and cover to steam and cook for 10-15 minutes just like making semo and check it periodically.
5. When the water is dry, turn well with the spatula and turn of heat.
Your poundo yam is ready! Serve with Egusi soup or any soup of choice.