How to make popular Ghanaian juice, Sobolo
The deep red-colored drink, Sobolo also has a lot of medicinal benefits.
Sobolo, also known as Bissap juice is a very popular beverage in Ghana and other countries in West Africa.
1 cup dried hibiscus leaves
5 cups boiling water
3 tbsp sugar
½ cup ground ginger
Any fruit or vegetable slices for garnishing
- Take four cups of water and let them boil, add the Hibiscus leaves and boil for about 15 minutes or until the water changes to a deep red colour.
2. Once it has brewed to your satisfaction, separate the leaves from the liquid.
3. In a different bowl, pour boiled water. Pour 3 tablespoons of sugar to the water and stir until all has dissolved.
4. Take one cup of fresh pineapple juice and ginger and pour it into the sugar and water mixture. Stir thoroughly.
5. Add the mixture to the sobolo juice and whisk together thoroughly.
6. Let it cool in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Cut up some apples, cucumber, watermelons, orange rind slices or any fruit or vegetables you feel comfortable with into the sobolo to garnish it properly.
Serve cold!Tags: Beverages Bissap juice Hibiscus leaves Sobolo