How to make fluffy plantain chicken pie
This lovely snack is one of the yummiest you’ll ever know and trust me one of the best you will ever eat.
Plantain chicken pie is a very nice appetizer that is really delicious and spicy due to the infusion of scotch bonnet peppers in this recipe.
1 large Plantain
3 cups of flour
1/3 cup of butter (75 grams)
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 cup of milk
1/4 cup of sugar
A pinch of Salt
1 large chicken breast
1 cup of chopped cabbage and carrot mix
2 scotch bonnet peppers
1/4 bulb of onion
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1 egg for coating
- Peel your plantain and chop it into small pieces.
- In a blender, blend your plantain with your milk, butter and egg.
- Mix your dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour in your plantain mix into the dry ingredients bowl a little at a time and work the mix into the dry ingredients bowl till all is thoroughly combined.
- Transfer the dough to a floured board and knead till the dough is not sticky. (Sprinkle more flour onto the dough as necessary).
- In a pan, heat up your oil and fry your onion for a minute.
- Stir in your chopped chicken breast, seasoning and reduce the heat to allow the chicken to cook.
- Once the chicken is cooked, stir in the cabbage, carrots and pepper allow to cook till the sauce is dry and take off the heat.
- Roll out your dough and cut it into little squares or circles. Scoop some of the chicken mixtures onto the cut out pieces.
- Fold over and with a fork, press on the edges to seal it. Using the egg white, coat the top of the pies with the egg white.
- Heat your oven to 350F and place your pies in a greased pan in the oven.
- Allow baking for 20-25 minutes checking to see if the pies are brown and take out to cool.
Your plantain chicken pie is ready! Serve warm.Tags: chicken Plantain Plantain chicken pie Snacks