How to make coconut shaki soup
This amazing delicacy is quite essential for this cold weather.
The coconut shaki (tripe) soup is a gravy-like delicacy that is very spicy and boasts of quite a number of ingredients and flavour.
1 cup of Coconut milk
1 cup of boiled chopped Tripe
3 chopped Scotch bonnet peppers
1 small stalk of Rosemary
1 teaspoon of pepper soup spice (crushed Uda, Ehuru, Uyayak)
1 teaspoon of crayfish powder
1 teaspoon of flour
A handful of chopped Onions
- Pour the coconut milk into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Put the seasoning cubes and pepper soup spices.
- Toss in the chopped onions, scotch bonnet peppers and rosemary stalks.
- Sprinkle the crayfish powder and the flour over the boiling sauce and stir to make sure no lumps are formed.
- Toss in the boiled tripe, stir and turn the heat off.
Your coconut shaki soup is ready! Serve it warm with bread or plantain.