How to make a delicious Akara fried chicken
This recipe is just a way to spice up the way you enjoy your chicken, giving it a different taste and feel.
The Akara fried chicken is achieved by coating your well-marinated chicken with akara mix and deep-frying it.
Akara is also called Acaraje in Brazil where it is mostly fried using palm oil and served alongside a shrimp sauce.
3/4 cups Beans Flour
1/2 bulb of Small Red Onion
1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper
1.5 Tablespoons of Corn Starch
1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
4 pieces of Chicken
1 cup of Cornflakes
2 Tablespoons of Salt
2 Tablespoons of Sugar
1.5 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
2.5 cups of Water
Half Teaspoon of the following:
1 teaspoon of Paprika
2 Seasoning Cubes
3/4 Cup Water
- Wash and soak your chicken in the brine for 30 minutes.
- Mix your marinade ingredients with one of the seasoning cubes and leave the second one for the akara mix and coat your chicken and allow to marinate for another hour.
- Mix your beans flour, corn starch, baking powder, onions(this can be blended), seasoning cube, scotch bonnet pepper, corn flakes and 3/4 cup of water.
- Heat up your oil, and fry the chicken on medium heat for 7- 9 minutes. Take out the chicken and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Deep fry again for another 10 minutes on medium heat, take out and pierce with a fork to make sure the juices are running clear and not bloody.
- Take out and drain on a paper towel.
Serve your Akara Fried Chicken warm with your choice of sides!Tags: Akara Akara Fried Chicken Local dish