How to cook Frejon
This meal is a pudding served mostly with garri and fish stew.
Frejon, which was introduced into Lagos, Nigeria by returning slaves from Brazil is made using black beans, coconut milk and sugar.
Boiling / Frying
Ingredients for the fish sauce
Fish (any fish of choice)
Salt to taste
1. In a big pot, wash beans and boil (without salt) until it softens. Leave to cool.
2. Transfer the beans into a food blender, add some coconut milk to it and blend.
3. Transfer the mixture into the pot, add sugar and let it boil for about 5 minutes to thicken a bit.
Method for cooking the fish sauce
1. In a pan, heat up some vegetable oil on minimum heat.
2. Add chopped onion, pepper, tomatoes and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
3. Cook the fish for about 5 minutes, leave to cool and then mash it.
4. Add the mashed fish to the content in the pan, add salt and seasoning (to taste). Fry for about 5 minutes. Fish sauce is ready.
Serve Frejon with the fish sauce and sprinkle Garri on itTags: Beans Brazil Coconut Fish Frejon Garri Milk Stew Sugar