Here is how to prepare North African Potato Burgers
North African Potato Burgers also known as Maakouda is a very popular sandwich in North Africa and it well known in countries like Morocco, Tunisia and Algeria. It is usually served as an appetizer or snack.
- 2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup of quick oats
- 3 teaspoons of vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped cilantro
- 1 cup of chopped peanuts
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons of chopped ginger
- Oil oven to 350 degrees then grease your baking sheet with some vegetable oil.
- Mix oats, peanuts, sweet potatoes, onions, cilantro, cumin, garlic, salt, and cumin together.
- Mould batter into patties then carefully arrange them on a baking sheet.
- Place the patties in the heated oven until it is brown this should be done in 15 minutes.
- Flip it from time to time until is done.