Health benefits of Figs you don’t know about
The botanical name for fig is Ficus carica, it is a specie of flowering plant in the mulberry family.
- Figs can help improve digestion and reduce constipation.
- The presence of minerals (calcium and potassium) present in figs can improve bone density and also help prevent conditions like osteoporosis.
- The presence of vitamin B6 in figs are responsible for producing serotonin which could help activate your mood and reduce cholesterol.
- Extracts from dry figs are known to contain some contents that can help in prevent postmenopausal breast cancer.
- Figs contain phytochemical compounds that can help fight the free radicals, which can activate asthma.
- The presence of high fibre content in figs makes it a natural laxative, for people stooling and struggling with easy digestion.