Have you tasted a Tigernut ‘Ofio’ muffin? Here’s a quick way to make it
The health benefits of tigernuts can not be overemphasized but just so you know, it can also be used in making dessert.
Tigernut otherwise known as Ofio or Aya in the local parts of Nigeria can make very tasty muffins for dessert.
It is a very time consuming delicacy provided you don’t have tigernut flour at home. But in the case where you have the flour available, then give this recipe a shot.
1¼ cups of already grounded Tiger nut flour
½ cup of chopped Strawberries or any fruit of your preference
¼ cup of coconut milk
½ cup Sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a bowl, whisk the coconut milk and egg and coconut milk then set aside.
- Pour in the other dry ingredients and keep mixing till you achieve a slightly thick batter. Mix your strawberries in it.
- Grease the muffin pan and pour in the muffin mixture. Place in a preheated oven at 375 F.
- Leave it to bake for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Put a toothpick through the muffin to confirm it’s ready, if it comes out dry then your muffin is done.