Ever heard of Plantain chin chin? Here’s how to make it!
This recipe is way more delicious than your ordinary chin chin with the plantain adding to its sweetness.
Plantain chin chin is a mouth-watering snack that if you are not careful, you’ll be lost in its sweetness. It is quite savoury and easier to munch on.
1 large Plantain
3 cups of flour
1/3 cup of butter (75 grams)
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 cup of milk
1/4 cup of sugar
A pinch of Salt
Vegetable Oil for deep frying
- Peel and dice the plantain into small pieces.
- Blend the plantain with milk, butter and egg in a blender.
- Mix all the other dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour in the plantain mix from the blender into the dry ingredients bowl a little at a time and work the mix into the dry ingredients bowl till all is thoroughly combined.
- Transfer the dough to a floured board and knead till the dough is not sticky. Sprinkle more flour onto the dough as necessary.
- Roll out your dough till it’s 1/4 thickness (not very thin) and cut into the desired shape.
- Pour oil in a pan on medium heat, fry your dough till brown.
- Remove the chin chin from oil and allow to cool.
Your Plantain chin chin is ready! Enjoy the amazingly crunchy and tasty plantain chin chin.