Dessert: Make this Sweet corn cake recipe for your next party
This mouth-watering cake is so tender and delicious, your friends won’t stop asking for more.
Are you thinking of a really nice dessert to serve at your next party? Try making this sweet corn cake recipe that is filled with so much goodness, you might end up biting your tongue.
1 hr 30 minutes
½ cup butter softened
⅓ cup masa harina
¼ cup water
1 ½ cups frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
¼ cup cornmeal
⅓ cup white sugar
2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking powder
- Beat the butter in a medium bowl till it’s creamy, then add the Mexican cornflour and water and keep beating till it is well mixed.
- Process the thawed corn using a food processor till it gets chunky then also stir it into the butter mix.
- Mix the cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, cream and salt in a different bowl. Add it to the cornflour mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into an ungreased 8×8 inch baking pan. Smoothen the batter then cover using aluminium foil. Place pan into a 9×13 inch baking dish that is filled a third of the way with water.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven F (175 degrees C) for an hour. Take it out and let it cool for 10 minutes. Scoop it out with an ice cream scoop so it can easily be taken out of the pan.
Your sweet corn cake is ready! Serve warm.